- One author can present only one abstract;
- Maximum number of authors per submitted abstract: up to 6 authors;
- Projects being submitted must be original;
- Individuals can co-author multiple abstracts;
- Authors must disclose any potential conflict of interest;
- Previously published abstracts (in print or any electronic format) or those presented at another meeting are not allowed;
- Authors of presentations later proven to contain previously published or presented material will be sanctioned and may be prohibited from presenting at future meetings;
- Faxes, photocopies, or emailed abstracts will not be reviewed;
- You must receive approval from all co-authors before including their names in the abstract;
- Abstracts will be reviewed and answer given by July 1st, 2023;
- After submission, abstracts cant be modified.
All abstracts must be submitted online via the 46th EPA Congress online abstract system. Each completed submission is peer-reviewed for its scientific content by Scientific Committee.
When submitting your abstract, you will have to select:
1) the preferred mode of your presentation (oral or poster);
2) your choice to apply for:
– the Sidney Barrett Travel Award (500 EUR)
– the Rowland Fereday Scholarship – only for research abstract (1000 Eur)
Applicants will normally be under 35 years of age and applications will be considered annually at the Board of Trustees meeting held in conjunction with the annual conference of the EPA.
Due to the fact that the abstracts will be reproduced in the Abstracts book exactly in the form, they will be submitted, authors are kindly requested to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Language: English
- Abstract text word limit: 300 words (names and affiliation details excluded)
- Suggested font: Tahoma, size 10
- Text justification: full
- Spacing between the title, the author(s), and the abstract text: Single
- Line spacing of the text: Single
- Abstract title: Abstract titles are limited to 15 words or less. The title should be dynamic and conclusive rather than descriptive and be entered in an upper case format. Use the italic font for the Latin terms (e.g., the names of organisms such as streptococci or candida). Titles should not be bold.
- Surname(s) of the author(s): Enter the first (given) name and last (family/surname) name for each author plus institution/affiliation.
- The presenting author’s name should be in bold.
- The affiliation details of all authors (Institution/hospital, city/town, state (if relevant), and country) should be typed under the names, with the corresponding indices. Please do not list the department/branch in the institution/affiliation field. The 46th EPA
- Content of the Abstract: Titles, authors, and authors’ affiliations are not included in the 300-word limit.
For Research Abstracts:
- Materials and methods;
For Clinical Cases / Case Reports:
- Case Description;
– Abstract Text: All abstracts should be 300 words or less. When you write your text, please be sure to use a word processor in order to save your abstract in advance. Please don’t include your title or authors in the abstract text. Do not include references. If the abstract is based on research funded entirely or partially by an outside source, enter the appropriate information (funding agency and grant number if applicable). Also, this information MUST be included in the presentation if accepted. Tables are permitted but should be simple and concise. Graphics/images should be limited to at most six.
– Up to five keywords should be submitted. It is recommended to select keywords from Medical Subject Headings (MeSH): http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/MBrowser.html
– The 46th EPA Congress will only correspond with the presenting author listed on the abstract regardless of who may have submitted the abstract, meaning that the presenting author will also act as the corresponding author. Thus, make sure to include the correct email address/phone number of the presenting author.
– Changes, additions, or corrections will only be accepted up until the abstract submission deadline.
– Abstracts having insufficient research or clinical data will not be accepted.
The official notifications will be emailed by the 1st of July 2023 to all accepted presenters. The notifications will include presentation mode assignment (oral or poster), date, and session time.
PLEASE NOTE: If reviewers decide that the submitted abstract cannot be accepted as an oral presentation, the proposal to present it as a poster presentation could be made. All communication between the 46th EPA Conference organizers and the presenter will be done via email. The email address used will be the one you supply when submitting your abstract as the PRESENTING/CORRESPONDING AUTHOR. Please make sure that you enter a valid, long-term email address so that you will receive all important notices that are sent from the 46th EPA Conference Secretariat regarding your abstract and presentation at the meeting.
At the time of submission, you will be asked to select your preferred mode of presentation. However, not all requests can be accommodated and the final mode of your presentation can be selected by the Scientific Committee. The 46th EPA Congress will include presentations in the following modes:
- PowerPoint or Keynote 16:9 format presentation;
- The sample slide and organization logo will be provided to you;
- 10 minutes for presentation + 5 minutes for Q&A;
- You will be requested to send the final version of your presentation 10 days before the conference.
- Guidelines for creating the posters will be sent to poster presenters along with their poster acceptance notification.